What is a database?
A database is a collection of information that can be searched. Our library databases are collections of articles. You can search the databases by subject, keyword, author, date, etc.... to find articles for your research.
Some suggestions for searching databases and websites:
A significant word/term/concept from the article or book. The article or book is indexed according to the keywords identified in it. A keyword may be a word that is repeated often in the writing. It may be the subject of the writing, or a secondary important concept.
The library databases are available both on and off campus. To access them off campus, log in to myMCCKC first.
· Don’t use punctuation/capitalization
· Don’t use natural language (as you would speak) – instead use brief phrases or single words
· Choose the "Full Text" and "Peer Reviewed" limiters when possible
· Be sure all words are spelled correctly
· If you are not finding what you need, try different search terms or combinations of search terms
· Try an "Advanced Search" and choose different search fields if possible